BSC (MINING ENGINEERING), MBA
Ms Sabina Shugg was appointed to the Board as a Non-Executive. Director in September 2018. Ms Shugg is a member of the Remuneration
Committee, the Sustainability Committee, the Audit and Risk Committee and the Nomination Committee.
Skills, experience and expertise
Ms Shugg is a mining engineer with over 30 years’ experience involving senior operational roles with leading mining and consulting organisations including Normandy, Newcrest, and KPMG.
Ms Shugg has extensive experience in senior roles with mining and consulting organisations including operations management experience at senior site level covering both underground and open pit environments. Ms Shugg’s work has a strong people focus, together with a solid project management background.
Ms Shugg currently serves as the Director of the Kalgoorlie Campus for Curtin University – WA School of Mines with a focus on industry engagement and taking mining education into a digital future.
In her role as Founder and Chair of Women in Mining and Resources WA (WIMWA), Ms Shugg was awarded the inaugural Women in Resources Champion by the Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia for being an outstanding role model for the resources industry and broader community. In 2015, Ms Shugg was awarded a Member of the General Division of the Order of Australia for significant service to the mining industry through executive roles in the resources sector and as a role model and mentor to women.
Ms Shugg is a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Current listed directorships
Other current directorships/ appointments
- Director of WIMWA Events Pty Ltd (appointed 2007)
- Non-Executive Director of the Australian Prospectors and Miners’ Hall of Fame Ltd (appointed 2014)
- Non-Executive Director of the Mining Hall of Fame Pty Ltd (appointed 2016)
- Director of the Kalgoorlie Campus for Curtin University – WA School of Mines (appointed July 2019)
- Chair of the Goldfields Esperance Development Commission (appointed September 2020)